All shutter warranties will have their own fine print, so be sure to check with your retailer for the fine print associated with your shutter brand. As an example, one of the lines we carry indicates:
The following incidents are excluded from coverage under this limited Warranty:
- Exposure to air pollutants and normal atmosphere conditions may cause all painted or stained wood surfaces to vary in color slightly. We suggest ordering at the same time for all windows in the same home.
- Any defect, malfunction, or failure to perform which has occurred due to abuse, improper application or failure to properly maintain the product by end user or his/her/its agents or contractors.
- Any damage to the shutters caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed.
- Any damage caused by wind, hail, lightening, water damage, severe heat or sun or other acts of nature, act of God, intentional acts, accidents, exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants.
- Damage caused by improper installing or handling.
- Any shutter which has been repaired or altered without proper authorization from the manufacturer.
- We will not be responsible for delivery charges or packing costs.
There are a few other items in the fine print, which will be discussed in a subsequent blog post. We hope you are developing a deeper understanding what you should expect should you encounter any issues with your plantation shutters.
Of course, we would love to help you with your shutter project. Also, check out our online shutter cost calculator for a rough idea of what new shutters might cost.