- Double hung shutters offer the maximum in shutter adjustability, but without the proper design double
- hung shutters will sag and perform improperly.
- Double hung bi-fold shutters must be designed so that the panel height is greater than the panel width due to leverage factor.
- Shutters ordered with a width dimension more than the height will sag.
- Always order double hung shutter with a four sided frame.
- Three sided frames will not have a frame on the bottom to attach magnets and will need a light block so that there is a mounting place for the magnet.
- There is a surcharge for double hung shutters.
With any luck the image below will help you visualize how double hung shutter look and function.