All shutter warranties will have their own fine print, so be sure to check with your retailer for the fine print associated with your shutter brand. As an example, one of the lines we carry indicates:
The following understandings are included under this limited warranty:
- Shutters are manufactured to industry standards.
- Minor imperfections not noticeable from a distance of 3 feet in ordinary lighting conditions in normal installations are not considered defects.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to inspect the products prior to repair or remake.
- Non-defective or altered products will be returned freight collect without credit issued or repair made.
- The manufacturer will not be responsible for any unauthorized repair charges from another party.
- Repair or remake of any defective product will be done only to the original size and specification.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to discontinue or change any shutters as currently manufactured.
- If the manufacturer determines to make a replacement under the terms of this Limited Warranty and an exact replacement part is not available, the manufacturer reserves the right to substitute a part or parts of equal quality at its sole option.
- Wood is a natural product. Due to variations in wood grain and the manner in which wood accepts finishes, your final product may vary slightly from the sample.
- This warranty does imply automatic replacement of any product.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to repair or replace any product at its own discretion.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes and improvements in our products that may differ from
- products previously manufactured.
- The state law in which your shutters were purchased may vary from state to state which governs all other rights.
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- The manufacturer reserves all rights on updating or modification of any contents within this documentation without prior notification.
We hope this 4 part series on the nature of limited warranties has been informative. As you see, they have a lot of protections in place for the manufacturer, but they also protect the consumer against any major and reasonable issues.
Frankly, most of the national name brand producers of shutters make a quality product and stand behind it if any problems occur. Additionally, your dealer is an advocate for you with the manufacturer. And, because it is all about building relationships and brands these warranties are good protection.
Of course, we would love to help you with your shutter project. Also, check out our online shutter cost calculator for a rough idea of what new shutters might cost.